• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper V

How are InSight Views calculated?

The InSight feature on our eCommerce store dashboard provides the number of views for our website over the last 7 or 30 days. How are these counted? Do they omit the number of times we've viewed our own website? And if the same IP address views it multiple times, will it count each view as a new occurrence? Depending on how it is calculated, it could drastically skew our numbers one way or the other.  If anyone knows for sure, can you please share? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, As of today the metrics have been corrected. Thank you for alerting us to the problem. We will do our best to prevent errors like this in the future.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
    Helper V

Update: As of yesterday, I had 780 views in the past month and 135 in the past 7 days. Logged in today and it says I have had 12 views in the past month and 12 views in the past 7 days. I'd say something isn't working...wouldn't you?

Any insight on this @JesseW ?

Community Manager

Hey @Hopeful. No, I'm not sure how those are calculated but I would guess that they are unique visitors for the timeframe specified. We'll pass this question along though so you can get a definitive answer. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Employee

Hi @Hopeful  Can you please share your domain name so we can see if there's any sort of problem counting site visits. You are correct that we do not count when you view your own site through the website builder. It can also take a day for the counts to be updated.

Once we know your domain we will investigate why your counts have changed.

@RachelB @JesseW  Rachel, thank you for investigating and finding out there was a problem. I see today that my counts are more in line with what I would expect, so I'm guessing the problem has now been fixed. (I know you were working on it.) Please let us know when you think it is resolved for sure. Thank you!!!

Hi, As of today the metrics have been corrected. Thank you for alerting us to the problem. We will do our best to prevent errors like this in the future.

View solution in original post