• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Add button for customer to share product on social media

ok is there a way to add a button to our products so people can share the item on social media?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

This is a common ask @serenawithac and the solution depends on the platform you have selected for your website. Products like Website + Marketing from GoDaddy has social sharing built in. Check out How to share store products to social media platforms? 

If you are using something like WordPress combined with WooCommerce there are plugins to allow social sharing of products as well. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Product Team

Hi @serenawithac,

Thank you for reaching out. This is a great suggestion and I've noted it down on our request list. We'll consider this for prioritization.

5 REPLIES 5
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

This is a common ask @serenawithac and the solution depends on the platform you have selected for your website. Products like Website + Marketing from GoDaddy has social sharing built in. Check out How to share store products to social media platforms? 

If you are using something like WordPress combined with WooCommerce there are plugins to allow social sharing of products as well. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

I am wanting that feature to be available to customers not to me. I know how to use the one in the setting but it doesn’t let customers share the product

I want to know the same thing, i do not want to switch to a Word Press Account.

Product Team

Hi @serenawithac,

Thank you for reaching out. This is a great suggestion and I've noted it down on our request list. We'll consider this for prioritization.

I have been wondering this very same thing too.. and it would seem so have a LOT of other people, and for quite a long time!  In this social media driven world, I am really surprised that this isn't a priority.... having a "share" to social media button on a product can be the difference between 1 person and 1000 people seeing an item available for sale.  I wish I had researched this before signing my online store to Godaddy - it was available on my freewebs site.... and I got a LOT of sales via the facebook share link.