• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Ability to sell services that don't require shipping or download through Website Builder?

Hi there, 

Is there a way to sell services that do not require shipping or download through Website Builder (i.e. notary services or document filing services)? I am currently just using a physical product type with the shipping set to "Calculate for me using my shipping methods", and since I do not have any shipping methods saved, I don't get the 'free shipping' message on product pages. And the downloadable product option requires a file. However, since I cannot see the confirmation emails that go out when a customer makes a purchase, I want to make sure the email does not mention anything about the customer will be contacted once the item ships because there is nothing to ship. Is there a workaround for this? Has anyone been successful in selling services using Website Builder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Product Team

Hello @Tori728,

Thank you for reaching out. You could utilize "physical product", with selecting "this item always ships free" under "Shipping" tab for Product settings. This would show "Free Shipping" label on the Product pages as well. Additionally, you could also add a note in product description in regards to your process, e.g. "We will email your document once it's ready."

Hope that's helpful.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Employee

Hello @Tori728 !

I was able to research a few help articles that may help with selling services:

I have provided these two help articles as solutions. Allowing customer's to create an account on your site will make things a bit easier by:

• Customers can save or change their shipping and profile info to speed checkout.
    • They also can check the status of their orders and appointments.
    • As the site owner, you can grant customers access to private pages with sales and other promotional information.

Also providing appointment services is a great way to have customers schedule time with you and your staff at a time that's convenient for everyone. Schedule at your business, at a location set by the customer, an online/virtual meeting, or any other location you wish.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via chat or phone to further assist with account specific needs.

Thank you for your response @SG4101, however, this is not what I am referring to. 

If I want to, for example, provide a service where I complete a document for you for a fee, there would be nothing to ship. I would only need you to go onto my website, add a product that may be labeled something like ABC Document Filing to your cart, and then process a payment on my website. There would be no need to schedule an appointment, nor would you necessarily be required to create a profile on my website. 

Another example, through GoDaddy, your customers can purchase a domain security service. There is nothing that GoDaddy has to ship to their customers; the customer can simply add that service to their cart and check out. Your online store recognizes that there is no product to ship since the customer is only buying a service. 

Is there a way to have a product such as my GoDaddy example above, where there is just a service that does not require shipping or download, in the online store?

Hi, I’m a notary and I was wondering if you received an answer?
    Product Team

Hello @Tori728,

Thank you for reaching out. You could utilize "physical product", with selecting "this item always ships free" under "Shipping" tab for Product settings. This would show "Free Shipping" label on the Product pages as well. Additionally, you could also add a note in product description in regards to your process, e.g. "We will email your document once it's ready."

Hope that's helpful.

View solution in original post