• VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Terminal (command prompt) on server

I have my server side code hosted on GoDaddy... I need to run a Python script to activate a specific functionality. I am struggling to get this sorted out. 

Any help/suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Kriyative

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi there,
    There are two ways to connect to SSH on most hosting environments; the low tech way which is to use a SSH program (example Putty). Typically this requires host (normally the IP address). 
    When prompted, type in credentials, user and password. This should allow you to start using SSH. 

Second option, creating a public key and private key pair and importing into your SSH client program.
    Typically this requires access using environment panel (if supported) to upload a private key. Then setting the server to use said key. This is something you can configure to remember your user name and password when you connect using your SSH client. It mostly makes sense for someone where password prompts are troublesome. 

Both are valid options however as with all tech, some experience required.

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hey @Kriyative,

First let me say welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

It doesn't look like you've given enough details of the actual error you're encountering, which is likely why no one else has offered a suggestion yet. If you could elaborate a little more on the error message encountered and the steps taken to duplicate it, I'm sure some of our knowledgeable members here would be better able to offer advice. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    Helper V

Since the script is a possible solution to a more fundamental problem, instead of asking how to run a script, it would be better to explain the fundamental problem.

Community Manager

Hi there,
    There are two ways to connect to SSH on most hosting environments; the low tech way which is to use a SSH program (example Putty). Typically this requires host (normally the IP address). 
    When prompted, type in credentials, user and password. This should allow you to start using SSH. 

Second option, creating a public key and private key pair and importing into your SSH client program.
    Typically this requires access using environment panel (if supported) to upload a private key. Then setting the server to use said key. This is something you can configure to remember your user name and password when you connect using your SSH client. It mostly makes sense for someone where password prompts are troublesome. 

Both are valid options however as with all tech, some experience required.

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post