cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I

deleted object-cache.php

@Gabe I deleted the object-cache.php file from some of my sites because of the issues mentioned here: https://www.godaddy.com/community/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/ManagingWordPress/thread-id/53...

I would like to have that file back to allow my pages to cache. When is it safe to do this? Where should I get a good file from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@CG Thanks for the reply. During some of the updating going on with the Managed WP plans, a whole bunch of sites were down and the temporary solution was to remove the object-cache.php. I put them back and everything seems ok now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hey @abuzzelli,

Not sure I understand why you removed the object-cache.php file? The discussion you're referencing was actually about the current PHP versions being supported within our Managed WordPress hosting plans, not any specific known issues or security concern that required removal of this file to protect your site. It should be save to re-upload the file now. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

@CG Thanks for the reply. During some of the updating going on with the Managed WP plans, a whole bunch of sites were down and the temporary solution was to remove the object-cache.php. I put them back and everything seems ok now.

View solution in original post