cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning pops up when customer goes to cart

there is this warning that keeps poping up when you go the "Cart" section of my wordpress shop...anyone know what it is or what i can do?

"Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'read_more_alter_excerpt' not found or invalid function name in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas15_data03/87/3712787/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 298"

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Hi @exophilia. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! The error you posted gives some clues as to what is happening. In this case, it's saying that there's a problem with the PHP function "read_more_alter_excerpt". It's hard to say what on your site is using that function. More than likely this is due to a plugin/theme conflict with the version of WordPress you're using. My suggestion would be to make sure all of your plugins are up to date. If that doesn't fix the issue, then you may consider disabling all of them and enabling them one at a time to see which one causes the error. Since this only occurs on your shopping cart page, you might want to start by looking at any plugin that affects that page(s). 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.