cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Turn off Recent Posts, Recent Comments, and Archive

Hello All,

I'm new here, so please be patient with me. 😉
I just set up a simple Wordpress site, with simple info about my biz:  http://schechter.com .  
It's only a homepage and a contact page.  
Wordpress automatically puts three links at bottom of all pages, titled: Recent Posts, Recent Comments, and Archive.   How can I remove or turn these off, since they have no meaning with my current implementation?
Thanks!

Bruce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The widgets should be under the Appearance tab.  On the Widgets page the left side shows available widgets installed with WordPress, the theme and any plugins.  On the right is available widget spaces for that theme, this is where you can edit what shows on your site.  It is hard to explain all of the aspects over text so I found a quick video.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II

Check the widget section in your WP admin area, these are set by the theme used but there's probably one called footer or similar.

Nate,
Thanks for suggestion!  Alas, I see no "widgets" section.  I do see plugins, but none that sound anything like footer.  
Any other ideas?

Thanks!

The widgets should be under the Appearance tab.  On the Widgets page the left side shows available widgets installed with WordPress, the theme and any plugins.  On the right is available widget spaces for that theme, this is where you can edit what shows on your site.  It is hard to explain all of the aspects over text so I found a quick video.

View solution in original post

Nate, fantastic.  That did it!   much appreciated.  -- Bruce

No problem @PaloAltoBruce , welcome to the community!