cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Themes issue for newspaper

I want to install a newspaper theme on my website https://crackkeyfinder.net/ but it gives an error of 404 while uploading.

kindly help me fix this issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@hezalalex 

Hmmm....  Two things come to mind. Are you trying to install from the theme gallery  (Appearance > Themes > Add New) or by uploading a zip file?

If through the gallery, it could be the link to that particular theme is 404ing because that theme is no longer available (or stored at that location).  In that case, you'll need to choose a different theme.

If via uploading a zip file, double-check that you are trying to upload the actual theme zip file.  Sometimes the zip file contains documentation and other support files -- in addition to the actual theme's zip file.  Trying to upload that main zip could cause errors.  

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@hezalalex 

Hmmm....  Two things come to mind. Are you trying to install from the theme gallery  (Appearance > Themes > Add New) or by uploading a zip file?

If through the gallery, it could be the link to that particular theme is 404ing because that theme is no longer available (or stored at that location).  In that case, you'll need to choose a different theme.

If via uploading a zip file, double-check that you are trying to upload the actual theme zip file.  Sometimes the zip file contains documentation and other support files -- in addition to the actual theme's zip file.  Trying to upload that main zip could cause errors.  

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

View solution in original post