cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Plugins not available on wordpress menu

I have recently inherited a website that requires quite a bit of work (that's another story!) The website is missing a number of key items from the left-hand menu, including plugins, appearance and ninja forms - see below/attached image.
Can anyone tell me how to add these key items into my menu? Or if this is not possible, another way to access these items?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's been driving me NUTS for weeks now 😞
Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 2.45.40 pm.png

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Plugins not available on wordpress menu

@Stephaj4 

It seems like your user is not an "administrator" but rather an editor or other custom admin. I'm assuming you have access to the database so you should be able to edit the usermeta table and adjust the user level of your user to 10 and the capabilities to admin

https://www.godaddy.com/help/create-a-new-wordpress-admin-user-in-the-database-27023

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

OMG! I just want to cry, I'm so happy!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you... Now to work out how to track down the site administrator (no longer working with the organisation), this could be fun 😞

Super User III
Super User III

@Stephaj4 Do you or your client not have access to the database ???
Do you have access to cpanel for this site ??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community