cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugin upload and File extract issue

Hello,

I have a wordpress site on "Ultimate Web Hosting Windows" and i am trying to upload plugin in zip format whose size is around 4.5mb. But when i browse the plugin and hit the upload button, the plugin upload page keeps loading for around 4-50 secs and then gives "500 (Internal Server) Error "

I also tried uploading zip file through FTP and then extracted through file manager, but the plugin is giving "Access Denied" error when i browse the extracted plugin folder through FTP and due to this issue the wordpress plugin page is unable to detect this extracted plugin.

2 REPLIES 2
Helper IV

Hi @mckenzie

If the plugin you are using is a premium plugin from CodeCanyon or somewhere else, you might need to unzip the file you downloaded because the actual plugin file is often zipped inside.

You could also try unzipping the plugin on your computer and uploading the folder and files unzipped.

Good luck!

Cheers

Doc

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff

When transfering web-site from another hosting company, plug-ins were loading very slowly and seem to bog down the process. I have only 2 plugins that were loaded, the rest are in the file manager. How do I re-load these plugins to my web-site?