cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Managed WordPress won't allow me to update plugins

I have been using Managed Wordpress for over a year without too many problems; however, I can no longer update any of my plugins--ever! Every time I try to update one, my site gets stuck in maintenance mode and eventually goes into the white screen of death. The only way I can get out of it is to backup the site several days and lose all the work I have done. I have called support a couple of times and they just keep telling me to deactivate the plugins and then reactive them one at a time to find out which one is causing the problem. That doesn't help at all. I am convinced the problem is on the server end. I'm paying more to have Managed Wordpress...so I actually want things to be managed. This is getting ridiculous and I'm looking into switching to another hosting provider because my website is my business to I have to have the site up...and I have to be able to update my plugins. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Managed WordPress won't allow me to update plugins

Hey there,

It sounds like when you're updating your plugins one of them is causing a PHP fatal error to occur. You can determine which plugin is causing it after you get the WSOD by enabling debug errors in WordPress

Once you've done that, you need to disable the plugins so you can troubleshoot.

When you determined what plugin is causing the issue, simply delete it and reinstall from a fresh copy. If it gives you the same error again, I would reach out to the plugin creator for assistance. If they can't help, you'll need to seek the help of a developer or you can find an alternative plugin that will give you the functionality you want.

All that being said, I'm 99.9% sure it's not the server itself causing the issue. If you go to all the headache of moving to another provider, you'll face the same issue. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community