cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Getting a Server Error Message in WordPress

Hello, 

My website is hosted by GoDaddy and I'm using the latest version on Wordpress to manage my site.

However, there's a problem accessing my posts as I keep getting the following error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at fan4racing.com Port 80

This issue started about a month ago, At one point, I thought the problem was resolved (through no action on my part), because randomly, I was able to access my posts. Now, the issue has resurfaced.  When I try viewing the error log on GoDaddy, it says there are no errors in the log. As the admin for the site on both GoDaddy and Wordpress, I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. I have already cleared the cache, but that did not help this issue. 

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue or redirecting me to someone that can help. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hey @JustMe,

Welcome to the community! Appreciate you taking the time to join us and start your first discussion. Smiley Happy

The error you've described sounds like a standard 500 error message which can be caused from a number of different reasons. Unfortunately it's hard to tell without more information. Usually, my first suggestion is to review your error logs; if they were enabled, as these can shed more light as to the cause. However, since no errors are available, your next option is to reach out to live support so our hosting team can help investigate further. 

I noticed you mentioned this temporarily resolved itself for a time. Almost sounds intermittent which in WordPress can indicate resource limits being reached. If that's the case, our hosting team can help confirm if such limits were being reached during one of your recent occurrences of this error. 

If any other members have encountered similar issues with their own WordPress site, feel free to share your experience and how you were able to work around it. This might help others as well.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Thanks @CG, really appreciate your response to my issue. 

I'll definitely give Customer Support a call. Just thought I'd try here just in case there was a quick solution.

My client website is frequently getting down. Last time I requested to support they solved the problem. Again today it is appearing. 

please check this site (http://www.idosavethedatemagnets.com/) and let me know what actually is the problem.

Thank you.