cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Failed to write session data error when activating plugin

I receive the following error when I try to activate the Bad Behavior plugin on my website:

PHP Warning:  Unknown: open(D:\Temp\php\session\\sess_71jfv5hq80m1qske8hpevk98k0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (D:\Temp\php\session\) in Unknown on line 0

I created a folder named 'Temp' in my site's root folder and then inside that subfolder 'php' and then inside that folder another subfolder 'session'. After doing this I still receive the error. How do I resolve the error?

I'm on the Windows web hosting plan.

2 REPLIES 2
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Failed to write session data error when activating plugin

Hello @MDailey!

Thank you for posting. If you're still having this trouble, it could be that the temp folder doesn't exist in your hosting account. You would not be able to create this folder. Reach out to our support team to have them check for you. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Failed to write session data error when activating plugin

That would explain why I was still getting the error even after creating a Temp folder. I wouldn't be able to create a folder with that file path: D:\Temp\php\session