cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

502 bad gateway error when uploading files

I am getting the error “

502 Bad Gateway

The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.” when i try  to upload with .docx file types or sometimes as pdf on my website, what could be the problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: 502 bad gateway error when uploading files

It's because you are not allowed to upload .docx files. .doc works fine.  Weird as when I was with 1and1 this was never an issue but apparently goDaddy managed Wordpress limits file types. Presume pptx and xlsx files also blocked.  Rather frustrating and thinking about going BACK to 1and1!

Solution

502 Bad Gateway means that your upstream or destination Server is currently unreachable. There could be a number of reasons for this. Best to tap your 'F5' Key a few times and try again later.

Here's a good explanation of 502 Gateway errors.

Solution

Apologies - I got that BUT the reason I and the support staff spent a whole day just about trying to resolve the 502 error was a result of them and I not having realised we couldn't upload docx. files. Once I uploaded .doc files the 502 went away 8-) Poor GoDaddy guy was tearing hair out until we stumbled across solution 8-)

no worries. thanks for the interesting info.. glad you got it all sleuthed. Well done!