Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

SSL Early Renewal

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have a renewal for my SSL coming up in January but its saying it intends to renew early this month as precaution or whatever. I'm not wanting it to do that and instead just renew in January like its stated too. Would I need to turn off auto-renewal in order to do this or is there no way around the early renewal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ablake
Community Manager

Hi @IndieComiX, welcome to the community!

You're correct, the best course of action would be to turn off auto-renewal and just renew manually when the time comes. Just make sure your account email stays up to date so you receive the notifications, or set yourself a calendar reminder so you don't miss it. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that you may have to reissue the certificate as well. If you have any questions about that when the time comes, feel free to call into support and have someone walk you through. 

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ablake
Community Manager

Hi @IndieComiX, welcome to the community!

You're correct, the best course of action would be to turn off auto-renewal and just renew manually when the time comes. Just make sure your account email stays up to date so you receive the notifications, or set yourself a calendar reminder so you don't miss it. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that you may have to reissue the certificate as well. If you have any questions about that when the time comes, feel free to call into support and have someone walk you through. 

Angela B - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Gotcha, thanks a ton for that!