cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

OpenSSH and PCI Compliance

Recently we changed our hosting plan to "Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel". Before we had Managed Wordpress and so was not able to update our OpenSSH version. I was wondering if with the new hosting plan if that is something that I can update? If so how what would be the steps to do that? It says our current version is 5.3 and that it needs to be at least 7.6. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@mcscope 

The only server you can accomplish this on is a VPS or Dedicated server.

the cPanel is still a "shared" environment and you do not have root access to adjust ports / versions of software installed at the server level. 

Many of the items to pass a PCI scan can be done via yum installs there are some where you need to download / compile the source yourself in order to upgrade / patch the versions.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@mcscope 

The only server you can accomplish this on is a VPS or Dedicated server.

the cPanel is still a "shared" environment and you do not have root access to adjust ports / versions of software installed at the server level. 

Many of the items to pass a PCI scan can be done via yum installs there are some where you need to download / compile the source yourself in order to upgrade / patch the versions.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post