cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Fix error in CSR and regenerate wildcard certificate?

Hello, hope someone can help. I recently purchased a GD wildcard cert, and apparently, I put the *.domainname.com as the CN (instead of domainname.com) and certificate validation is failing in the browser. 
Is it possible to correct this issue on the certificate request and regenerate new certificates? Anyone know what do I have to do?

Thanks,

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It turns out that re-keying the certificate was not necessary. I was able to get the certificate recognized by tomcat by setting up the server correctly with a proper DNS configuration. Thanks, this issue is resolved. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Employee

Hello @patrick696 and welcome to the Community!

If you need to correct the domain name on your new SSL, you would need to rekey your certificate. Here is a link to a help article that includes step-by-step instructions on how to rekey your certificate:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/rekey-my-certificate-4976

GoDaddy also has a WildCard Managed SSL Service that includes installing your SSL, configuring & troubleshooting your SSL, and managing your SSL on your behalf.

If you need further assistance or want to consider the WildCard Managed SSL Service, I would reach out to GoDaddy Support for an account review.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7 via chat or phone!

It turns out that re-keying the certificate was not necessary. I was able to get the certificate recognized by tomcat by setting up the server correctly with a proper DNS configuration. Thanks, this issue is resolved. 

View solution in original post