cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Final Notice of Domain Listing (Is this a SCAM?)

Hi,

I bought a domain name from GoDaddy for my business last Saturday and in the very next Monday I received an email saying a final notice for domain registration and if I fail to register, my deal with this company will be canceled. When clicked their link I am directed to https://registrydomainengine.com/sen/?domain=*********.COM

In my GoDaddy account under the privacy settings, I can see that "

We’re taking email sent to gorgianaclothing.com@domainsbyproxy.com and delivering it to gorgiana2020@gmail.com.
Privacy email forwarding: On (with spam filtering)" and the mail I received is also from gorgianaclothing.com@domainsbyproxy.comI have enabled scam mail filtering but this mail still looks suspicious for me.

Not sure whether this is a scam and I am really confused right now. Can someone advise me on this? Below is the mail I received.

FWD: Domain Notification for ****************.COM : This is your Final Notice of Domain Listing [************.com@domainsbyproxy.com] (FROM: domains@engines-registrydom.com)

Inbox

x

donotreply@domainsbyproxy.com Unsubscribe

3:55 AM (4 hours ago)

to me

Attention: Important Notice , DOMAIN SERVICE NOTICE
Domain Name: ***********
ATT: Registration Private
REGISTRANT CONTACT: +1.4806242599
**********.COM

Response Requested By
06 - July - 2020

PART I: REVIEW NOTICE

Attn: Registration Private
As a courtesy to domain name holders, we are sending you this notification for your business Domain name search engine registration. This letter is to inform you that it's time to send in your registration. 

Failure to complete your Domain name search engine registration by the expiration date may result in cancellation of this offer making it difficult for your customers to locate you on the web.

Privatization allows the consumer a choice when registering. Search engine registration includes domain name search engine submission. Do not discard, this notice is not an invoice it is a courtesy reminder to register your domain name search engine listing so your customers can locate you on the web.

This Notice for: *********.COM will expire at 11:59PM EST,
06 - July - 2020 Act now!

Select Term and Package Here

Payment by Credit/Debit Card
Select the term using the link above by 06 - July - 2020

**********.COM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Gorgiana 

This is someone who is trying to sell you services to "post" your website in search engines. It came in the way it did as you have privacy on your domain which does block your actual email address.

In the domain manager you can adjust the settings to allow / block emails like this from coming through.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@Gorgiana 

This is someone who is trying to sell you services to "post" your website in search engines. It came in the way it did as you have privacy on your domain which does block your actual email address.

In the domain manager you can adjust the settings to allow / block emails like this from coming through.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post