cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Can i use 3rd party SSL certs?

I would like to install an SSL cert on my WP site. However, godaddy is charging $70 and i can get one elsewhere for $10. Can I use a third party SSL cert with a godaddy hosted wordpress site?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Can i use 3rd party SSL certs?

Hello @merk,

Thank you for your post! It depends on what type of hosting you have. If you have cPanel, you can use an SSL Certificate from another provider.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I do have a Basic managed wordpress website, I guess it is impossible then to use a third party SSL cert.

I have a basic managed wordpress subscription. You confirm that this is not possible to use a third party SSL cert.

Employee
Employee
Solution

@benoitpat You're correct that Managed WordPress doesn't allow 3rd party SSL Certificates. You'd instead need to purchase a GoDaddy SSL Certificate and it will automatically be installed after you request it.

Naterx - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Can I add SSL from NameCheap to Godaddy Wordpress Site?

I was change server my Wordpress to godaddy server 
I have SSL key from Namecheap
How can I add this SSL key to Goddady server?

New

Re: Can I add SSL from NameCheap to Godaddy Wordpress Site?

This is what I would like to do. For a personal wordpress site I would prefer not to spend $70 on an SSL each year. On support yesterday I was told I can do this with my managed wordpress but from searching here it looks like I can not.... 😞

Please is there a way to get past this.

I have 4 ssl certs from namecheap.  I was able to install all of mine on GoDaddy.  Only the ecommerce ssl is not working with my Woocommerce website. For the most part, just follow the directions and you should be fine.

Are you using Managed Wordpress?  This is completely ridiculous that Godaddy wants $70 when it can be purchased elsewhere for a fraction of the price.  

Yes, they're parasites.

I have the same issue, 4 sites hosted on Godaddy Wordpress and they want £55 ($70) for each SSL certificate when I can buy them for £5 each.

£220 or £20.... that is some difference!