cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore local DB to my Go Daddy SQL Database fails

First apologies for the board name selected but there is no database board. Second I am no newbie to databases (Oracle SQL Server) but need help as Go Daddy support simply cannot.

Anyway, I am trying for weeks now to restore my R&D local DB to my Go Daddy SQL database using SSMS Restore which is failing because it is looking for my BAK file on D:\DB_DUMPS  on a GoDadday server. I tried to get around this limitation by using restore database script but that keeps failing as well with  Msg 5133, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Directory lookup for the file "E:\MSSQL.MSSQLSERVER\DATA\myDB.MDF" failed with the operating system error 3 (The system cannot find the path specified.). (same thing for the log file too). I've tried changing it under database properties but the directory selection dialog never populates with any folders so there is nothing to select. I have specifically asked GoDaddy support if these paths are valid they say 'yes' so I asked if server was down and they said 'no'??? I say then why are these paths invalid they said 'I do not know and please keep in mind we do not support databases...that is for your website developer to handle'! What??? So anyway I finally asked them if they could point me to anyone to help and they said the community so here I am asking for any potential help in getting around this issue.

TIA, stay safe and healthy!

Rick...

0 REPLIES 0