cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Advocate I

Problem with Windows Web Hosting - "this program is blocked..."

I am trying to teach myself some new skills in web development using Windows Server, Visual Studio, and angularjs/bootstrap.  I purchased the deluxe web hosting (Windows) and pointed my domain to it.  I have Visual Studio 2015 and created a new  ASP.Net project with MVC and Web API enabled.  I added angularjs to the project.  I changed a couple of the pages for content, built and tested locally.  All appears to work fine.  I published the project to a local folder and then used FTP to upload the files to the httpdocs folder of my site.  When navigating to the site I got an error.  I enabled verbose error messages and this is what I got below.  I have .NET version 4.6 set for the server.  The application was built against 4.6 as well.  This occurred after changing the web.config file to address an issue with trust.

<system.web>

<trust level="Full" />

</system.web>

Any thoughts?

This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator

Server Error in '/' Application.

This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator]

[ExternalException (0x80004005): Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "G:\PleskVhosts\test.cjt-design.com\httpdocs\bin\roslyn\csc.exe" /shared /keepalive:"10" /noconfig  /fullpaths @"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\fbba4ee0\be997a0f\5mck0zsh.cmdline".]
   System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCaptureUnimpersonated(SafeUserTokenHandle userToken, String cmd, String currentDir, TempFileCollection tempFiles, String& outputName, String& errorName, String trueCmdLine) +6840403
   System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCapture(SafeUserTokenHandle userToken, String cmd, String currentDir, TempFileCollection tempFiles, String& outputName, String& errorName, String trueCmdLine) +115
   System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCapture(IntPtr userToken, String cmd, String currentDir, TempFileCollection tempFiles, String& outputName, String& errorName) +81
   Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.Compiler.Compile(CompilerParameters options, String compilerFullPath, String arguments, String& outputFile, Int32& nativeReturnValue) +270
   Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.Compiler.FromFileBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames) +680
   Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.Compiler.CompileAssemblyFromFileBatch(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames) +186
   System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeDomProvider.CompileAssemblyFromFile(CompilerParameters options, String[] fileNames) +24
   System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile() +948
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() +10082485
   System.Web.Compilation.ApplicationBuildProvider.GetGlobalAsaxBuildResult(Boolean isPrecompiledApp) +9977528
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileGlobalAsax() +44
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +260

[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "G:\PleskVhosts\test.cjt-design.com\httpdocs\bin\roslyn\csc.exe" /shared /keepalive:"10" /noconfig  /fullpaths @"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\fbba4ee0\be997a0f\5mck0zsh.cmdline".]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +62
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +435
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallAppInitializeMethod() +33
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +545

[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was "G:\PleskVhosts\test.cjt-design.com\httpdocs\bin\roslyn\csc.exe" /shared /keepalive:"10" /noconfig  /fullpaths @"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\fbba4ee0\be997a0f\5mck0zsh.cmdline".]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9946132
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +90
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +261

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1085.0

13 REPLIES 13
Advocate I
Solution

Re: Problem with Windows Web Hosting - "this program is blocked..."

Spent time with support and between this and google searches a resolution was found.  These things need to happen:

1. Web.config needs to be changed so that <trust level="Full" /> is added in the system.web section.

2.  Web.config needs to be changed so that the compilers are removed.  The system.codedom needs to be empty.  <system.codedom /> <!-- No compiling on server, GoDaddy blocks it. -->

3.  The settings in Visual Studio for publishing the website need to be changed to enable precompiling the website.

The root cause of the issue is that GoDaddy does not allow compiling of the website on the server.  This was the permission issue observed above.  Once these were done the site came up fine.

This program is blocked by group policy.

Please Help...

I have an issue trying to access my website I have developed in c#

The error I am getting wen I try to access the website:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Am I Missing anything I been trying to fine a solution with no luck?

Solution

Re: This program is blocked by group policy.

Finally solved my issue, I rang godaddy and I was told my web site was trying to execute a csc.exe in the \bin\roslyn. I tried to delete the file but my website didnt work. The below link solution solved my issues.

Solution from: http://stackoverflow.com/a/38668274

Thanks

Hosting a selenium app on GoDaddy. “This program is blocked by group policy”

I have built a standard ASP.NET MVC (.NET 4.52) app and hosted it with GoDaddy on Plesk hosting. It calls a class that uses Selenium, I'm using PhantomJS as the web client.

In my services controller that calls the class that references Selenium I get the error:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator] 
System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) +1900
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() +119
OpenQA.Selenium.DriverService.Start() +173

Others note this fix, but I've already added:

<trust level="Full" originUrl="" />

This helped for the getting the site up and running, but does nothing for this part of the application. Perhaps I'm just in a situation where plesk doesnt support this, or perhaps there is another trust level setting or selenium configuration that I'm missing?

Is anyone aware of a way around this error?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42120015/hosting-a-selenium-app-on-godaddy-this-program-is-blocke...

Thank you, MojoSound!  I already had #'s 1 and 3;  #2 fixed it for me. Big help!

IIS group security permissions (plesk messing with things?)

We have a website that runs under the context of the user IWPD_1(campana). 

This user is a member of the group psacln which I gather has something to do with plesk.

This group has explicit deny on the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado and in particular the file msado15.dll which we need to run that page.

We get around this by changing the permissions for that group to allow read and execute, but something seems to reset the permissions back to the original and then the access problem re-occurs.

Any assistance or comments welcomed.

Thanks - Dave & Jeff

Working With Micosoft Report viewer

Dear Friends,

I am working with web application where i need to show the report and i have used Microsoft reports .rdlc and when i publish web application on google hosting i am getting the below error.

Please guide me for solution of these issue.

Security ExceptionSystem.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Helper V

I don't know what "settings in Visual Studio for publishing the website need to be changed to enable precompiling the website" means. I don't think I have done that but my sites work in GoDaddy.

Also, Instead of using the NuGet Package Manager Console in
http://stackoverflow.com/a/38668274
Right-click the project and choose "Manage NuGet Packages..." and you can upgrade the packages there.

GoDaddy blocking Exchange Autodiscover requests

Greetings All,

Having a bit of trouble getting our Exchange Autodiscover to work with GoDaddy.  It appears that GoDaddy is blocking Autodiscover requests instead of passing them on to our Exchange server.

When I attempt to browse to domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml I am getting the following message:

Autodiscover and Autoconfig support is disabled.

From everything I am seeing online, this needs to be setup in cPanel which from what I can tell is not an option with our GoDaddy hosting.  I am not a web guy and not really sure what I am doing or not doing in my attempts to get this working.

I have been on chat with GoDaddy support and they informed me that we would need to go to dedicated hosting to be able to get access to the option to allow Autodiscover in cPanel.  Anyone out there have any other suggestions to get this working?

I've tried setting up a redirect for domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml to redirect to sub.domain.com/autodsicover/autodiscover.xml but the redirect does not seem to be functioning.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much!!! This was the exact same issue I had and this solved me problems!

MVC-Asp.net Core fix. Comment out these lines in your web.config. This worked for me after spending a couple of hours trying to find a fix.

<compilers>
      <!--<compiler language="c#;cs;csharp" extension=".cs" type="Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.CSharpCodeProvider, Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform, Version=1.0.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" warningLevel="4" compilerOptions="/langversion:6 /nowarn:1659;1699;1701" />
      <compiler language="vb;vbs;visualbasic;vbscript" extension=".vb" type="Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.VBCodeProvider, Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform, Version=1.0.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" warningLevel="4" compilerOptions="/langversion:14 /nowarn:41008 /define:_MYTYPE=\&quot;Web\&quot; /optionInfer+" />-->
    </compilers>

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 01.15.54.png

Solution

Solved: “Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was \roslyn\csc.exe”

I created a website in ASP.NET MVC 5.0 in Visual Studio 2017.  When I publish my ASP.NET MVC  project to a hosting account such as GoDaddy, you may run into the issue below. This issue may occur even though your code works fine in localhost.

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.

Parser Error 
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Cannot execute a program. The command being executed was “G:\PleskVhosts\website.com\httpdocs\bin\roslyn\csc.exe” /shared /keepalive:”10″ /noconfig  /fullpaths @”C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\4a4c810d\6d29243e\slpxwrhm.cmdline”.

Resolution

A simple solution for this issue is that removing Roslyn compiler plugin from your project and using old compiler. In order to remove Roslyn:

1. Follow “Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Manage NuGet Packages for Solution” in Visual Studio
  2. Find “DotNetCompilerPlatform” and uninstall it

This really helped me. Thanks a lot.