Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup POP email in Windows Phone

I am running Windows 10 on my Microsoft smartphone with Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar 17.7466.41228.0. I tried all possible ways but am unable to sync and download any mail on my smartphone. Probably the app does not support POP or there appears to be a conflict of port as get the following message: "We're having a problem connecting to pop.asia.secureserver.net. Try again later. Error code: 0x8007274c I have tried with the following settings: Incoming email server: pop.asia.secureserver.net Outgoing (SMTP) email server: smtpout.asia.secureserver.net Incoming email server: pop.secureserver.net Outgoing (SMTP) email server: smtpout.secureserver.net Shall appreciate a guidance from this experts in this forum. Thanking you in advance.
1 REPLY 1
SMattingly
Employee

You would first want to make sure you have the right incoming and outgoing server names. 

Here are some screenshots to help you find them:

WorkspaceControlCenter.pngWorkspace-EmailSetUpCenter.png

visit the Workspace Control Center and open the Email Set Up Center

EmailSetUp.PNGEmailSetUp-POPorIMAP.png

Use the incoming and outgoing servers listed here.

Also make sure that anytime it's asking for your username you're using your full email address. For some reason, most phones will have 'Automatic' in that field, but they don't fill it out correctly.

If you need more help, make sure to call in and talk to Tech Support and they can help you add your e mail to your phone.