cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Getting Started

UK Customer Support E-mail Address / Postal Address

Does anybody have an e-mail address or a postal address for someone to deal with, effectively, a customer complaint? My experiences over the last 18 months of speaking to GoDaddy support via the usual channels have failed to resolve my issue on every occasion and I have, from time to time, felt that I have been deliberately mislead or lied to.

I now wish to start the painful proess of migrating to a different supplier but am willing to give GoDaddy one last shot at resolving my issue but want someone senior to believe my problem (which I can easily prove and demonstrate, as I have done numerous times) and then take charge of ensuring the problem is properly addressed and fixed.

I have no faith in contacting them via the channels available to me, so hope someone can direct me to a level above.

Worst comes to worst, I will simply have to migrate my 3 domains and multiple e-mails which is not a simple or painless process!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@TheZim 

The good news / bad news is that while I can't directly solve this issue, I can give some insight and suggestions.

Let me start off by saying that I do not personally host emails on any of the GoDaddy servers.

That being said to get technical for a minute, when you have a GoDaddy cPanel, VPS or Dedicated server, email sent from that server is actually "relayed" to the GoDaddy Relay Server. This is done for a couple of reasons

1) It prevents the shared GoDaddy IPs from getting blocked

2) It can also allows GoDaddy to monitor / throttle the amount of outbound email coming off the GoDaddy network

3) If an account should be compromised they can lock down the account as to have less of an impact to the network.

I have seen occasionally where the relay server ip(s) do get blocked and GoDaddy is pretty good about monitoring / getting them unblocked. This again can happen for a number of reasons but is generally the exception not the rule. When this happens depending on the system "receiving" the mail, it could get blocked and in this case it may just not deliver the email depending on the system.

So now that I've talked about the technical details behind this what are your options.

From your description of the issue, I would say Office 365 or Google Suite is overkill for your needs and as this is for Friends & Family you are probably looking to keep your cost downs.

While I try to recommend GoDaddy products where / when I can. In your instance I would actually recommend MXRoute.com - this is an email only provider (which I personally use) - their packages are based on the amount of disk spaced assigned to your account - You can have as many email accounts as you would like and you can over allocate space.

For example I have about 30 email accounts allocated with 5GB each on a server with 60GB of storage.  The 30 accounts are only using 10GB of storage - and I just monitor it about once a week.

I personally think this would be your best / most cost effective method to maintaining the emails and not having issues you are having.

I know this does not solve the underlying issue of why mail doesn't get delivered, however as I mentioned about I believe this is due to the relay server IP addresses and whomever is receiving the email blocking that IP and not bouncing it, just not delivering it.

Hope that helps

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@TheZim 

We are end users here in the community - and GoDaddy doesn't have email / postal support. While the community is monitored - this is not a GoDaddy support channel.

That being said can you provide any other additional information as to your issue that the community may be able to provide any input / guidance.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Getting Started

Thank you. I think I have found a person to write to that should get some attention!

In the meantime, at its simplest, I have found over the last 18 months that when I use the GoDaddy servers to send email (n3plcpnl0055.prod.ams3.secureserver.net), some e-mails simply disappear and never get delivered. No bounce, no error, nothing. I have worked around this by setting up accounts that use GMail (smtp.gmail.com) servers and they work every time.

I have wasted about 48 hours over the months talking to GoDaddy support and have never had a  solution. The problem persists and they even tried to suggest we were spammers (whish we categorically are not - less than 100 e-mails per day to friends, family and customers over 3 domains and about 30 email accounts). I asked them to provide proof of this allegation and the person simply hung up.

Whilst the workaround via GMail works, it is infuriating because its a long winded process to setup to use GMail servers to handle outgoing mail from my domains - has to be done for each individual account....

All I want is someone technical to believe what I am saying (which I have tested with GoDaddy support numerous times) and actually fix the problem. I am not technically advanced enough to understand all the detail of these systems and don't have access to many of their backend servers where the problem MUST lie.

Any help would be appreciated!

We use Outlook 2007 (yes, old, but it works and the hell I'm paying for Office 365)! The main accounts are set up as POP/SMTP with mobiles using IMAP. No matter which domain, which email account or whichever device we use, SOME (but not all) e-mail that are sent using GoDaddy just vanish and never get delivered. If I re-send via GMail SMTP servers, they do. Every single time. 

@TheZim 

The good news / bad news is that while I can't directly solve this issue, I can give some insight and suggestions.

Let me start off by saying that I do not personally host emails on any of the GoDaddy servers.

That being said to get technical for a minute, when you have a GoDaddy cPanel, VPS or Dedicated server, email sent from that server is actually "relayed" to the GoDaddy Relay Server. This is done for a couple of reasons

1) It prevents the shared GoDaddy IPs from getting blocked

2) It can also allows GoDaddy to monitor / throttle the amount of outbound email coming off the GoDaddy network

3) If an account should be compromised they can lock down the account as to have less of an impact to the network.

I have seen occasionally where the relay server ip(s) do get blocked and GoDaddy is pretty good about monitoring / getting them unblocked. This again can happen for a number of reasons but is generally the exception not the rule. When this happens depending on the system "receiving" the mail, it could get blocked and in this case it may just not deliver the email depending on the system.

So now that I've talked about the technical details behind this what are your options.

From your description of the issue, I would say Office 365 or Google Suite is overkill for your needs and as this is for Friends & Family you are probably looking to keep your cost downs.

While I try to recommend GoDaddy products where / when I can. In your instance I would actually recommend MXRoute.com - this is an email only provider (which I personally use) - their packages are based on the amount of disk spaced assigned to your account - You can have as many email accounts as you would like and you can over allocate space.

For example I have about 30 email accounts allocated with 5GB each on a server with 60GB of storage.  The 30 accounts are only using 10GB of storage - and I just monitor it about once a week.

I personally think this would be your best / most cost effective method to maintaining the emails and not having issues you are having.

I know this does not solve the underlying issue of why mail doesn't get delivered, however as I mentioned about I believe this is due to the relay server IP addresses and whomever is receiving the email blocking that IP and not bouncing it, just not delivering it.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post