cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Outlook 2016 read emails turn into unread email?

Just updated a clients office to Outlook 2016.  They use secure email from Godaddy aka webmail.

For some reason whenever an email is sent it shows up in "Sent Items" as unread.  If a previously read email is moved from one folder to another it now becomes unread.

Why is this happening? 

Customer service is pointing to the Outlook client and stops support there.

Seams to be a server side problem to me.

Are others having the same issue? 

Has anyone solved it?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Outlook 2016 read emails turn into unread email?

I think support pointed you to the correct solution @pmarsh? When configuring Outlook to retrieve email you choose what to do with server messages. It kind of seems like you need to check those settings in the emails retrieval? 

1. Click File > Account Settings
  2. In Account Settings window, choose the account you want to set, then choose Change and click More Settings
  3. After dialogue box of Internet E-mail Settings appearing, choose Advanced tab
  4. Mark check box Leave a copy of messages on the server in Delivery option
  5. After that, click OK and click Next > Finish > Close

I hope that helps? Come back and let us know how you got this together. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

@rd

I am having the same issue and unfortunately this did not work.  My email is set as IMAP which does not give me those options to change.  Any other ideas?

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

It's a bit difficult to troubleshoot without specific knowledge @Jshayota. You can check out Set up email (IMAP) and/or Changing From POP to IMAP I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Did anyone figure out the solution for this? Every time i send an email it shows up as unread in the sent box. Also if i delete the sent email, it shows as unread in the trash folder. Need this to stop!