cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How long will godaddy redirect email to my new account?

I just changed my business email address and got the following message:

godaddy.png

My question is, How long will GoDaddy redirect to my new email address? There are some accounts registered to my old address.

After some manual testing, messages addressed to my old address arrive at the new address.

Will this stop happening at some time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: How long will godaddy redirect email to my new account?

When you say "I changed my business email address" are you meaning to a new domain or a change in the same domain? Generally on your domain a catchall email address can be configured. In the case where a catchall is defined all email addresses without mailboxes will be directed to your defined catchall email mailbox.

Simply put if you have a catchall email address defined for the domain as long as you have control on the donation email addresses with no mailbox will forward. Read more about catchall email addresses in What's a catch-all email account? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: How long will godaddy redirect email to my new account?

When you say "I changed my business email address" are you meaning to a new domain or a change in the same domain? Generally on your domain a catchall email address can be configured. In the case where a catchall is defined all email addresses without mailboxes will be directed to your defined catchall email mailbox.

Simply put if you have a catchall email address defined for the domain as long as you have control on the donation email addresses with no mailbox will forward. Read more about catchall email addresses in What's a catch-all email account? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post