Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
travisCo
New

Getting Spammed Hourly

I have several domains and emails hosted by Godaddy.  Several times per day, I get spammed.  The domains of the spam are very similar but always slightly different. They always end with ".stream" For example  "geology.stream" "united.stream".  I mark them as spam, and then auto-purge the domains but I get getting them in a new form.  Is there a way to auto purge any domain that contains ".stream"?  If not, how would I get Godaddy to look into this? Maybe they could prevent whoever is sending these from sending them on the godaddy mailserver.  I doubt I am the only one getting these.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
justingodfrey
Rockstar II

@travisCo wrote:

I have several domains and emails hosted by Godaddy.  Several times per day, I get spammed.  The domains of the spam are very similar but always slightly different. They always end with ".stream" For example  "geology.stream" "united.stream".  I mark them as spam, and then auto-purge the domains but I get getting them in a new form.  Is there a way to auto purge any domain that contains ".stream"?  If not, how would I get Godaddy to look into this? Maybe they could prevent whoever is sending these from sending them on the godaddy mailserver.  I doubt I am the only one getting these.  Thanks.

@travisCo unfortunately this seems to be a problem with most registrars, basically spammers are harvesting the whois databases and spamming domain owners. I personally receive dozens per day but I use Google Mail so most of these are automatically filtered for me.

---

JohnReam
Helper I

The massive amount of junk mail from TLD .stream sources continues to overwhelm GoDaddy customer inboxes.

Why does GoDaddy continue to deny it's email customers the ability to block flagerant bogus TLDs? Technically this should be quite easy to implement. Does GoDaddy have a conflict of interest with TDL .stream junk mail?