cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Email messages vanish from iPhone when downloaded to Outlook 2013 on Desktop

I spent a grueling *TWO* hours on GoDaddy's chat earlier this morning trying to figure out the proper settings for my parents' email account. We were already upset at the switch to Office 365 (which has resulted in my elderly parents having to log into owa daily to check the "enhanced" junk mail for bills), and yesterday their email stopped working. I changed the email password, then reset their Outlook 2013. All good. Then, even with the new password, the iPhone wouldn't receive messages. I removed the email account from the iPhone and set it back up the way GoDaddy specifically says to do it. Now when emails are downloaded to the desktop, they disappear from the iPhone. UGH. Two hours for no fix. The "expert" just wanted me to set up a new rule in Outlook to bypass the inbox.... WHAT?! I called and that answer didn't work either. 
In the past, as long as they looked at their phone before downloading the messages to the desktop, the emails stayed on the phone. Has anyone had success setting up a similar system where emails don't vanish once downloaded to the desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I can't help but to wonderr if the "Leave a copy of the message on the server" setting is your issue @aekr23? Have a look at Steps to enable leave a copy of the message on the server. Come back and let us know if that got you on the right track? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I can't help but to wonderr if the "Leave a copy of the message on the server" setting is your issue @aekr23? Have a look at Steps to enable leave a copy of the message on the server. Come back and let us know if that got you on the right track? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post