cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Email Domains Mirrored?

I own 2 domains.   I only use email on one of them but I hand out the other@other.com email address to people when I'm a subcontractor under multiple other companies that each give me their own email address with their @Dot-Com and what I'm wanting to do is have a single business card with my "other@other.com" email address and if by chance they email me first, I will respond back with the proper "me@CompanyI'mRepresenting.com email address.

How do I setup Other@other.com emails to forward to my Master@MasterEmailAccount automatically? 

On a side note, I have NO intention of accessing emails independently on the Other.com domain. 100% forwarding wanted.   I already have the Other.com web address forwarding to my MasterEmailAccount.com domain when attempting to pull up webpage.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm striking out on search terms I'm coming up with. 

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@MortysTW 

To do what you describe you need to have an email service for other@other.com that allows you to forward to your master email account.   

GoDaddy's free Workspace email is going away.  However, if you have Workspace "forwarding" credits you can still use those.

If you don't have any forwarding credits, there are several free options available if you do a search for "free domain email forwarding service" on Google.

Then depending on which service you use, you will need to input the provided MX servers on your domain's DNS records for everything to work.  (MX servers tell mail senders which server handles incoming email for your domain. )

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Actually, you can." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

@MortysTW 

To do what you describe you need to have an email service for other@other.com that allows you to forward to your master email account.   

GoDaddy's free Workspace email is going away.  However, if you have Workspace "forwarding" credits you can still use those.

If you don't have any forwarding credits, there are several free options available if you do a search for "free domain email forwarding service" on Google.

Then depending on which service you use, you will need to input the provided MX servers on your domain's DNS records for everything to work.  (MX servers tell mail senders which server handles incoming email for your domain. )

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Actually, you can." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

Thank you @Muse. I know how to do all that. Was just assuming there was
something more intelligent via DNS and godaddy for masking or something.

Appreciate your help. Thank you.