Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect to Server

Since 9:30AM Eastern, Outlook 2016 has not been able to connect to the server hosted by GoDaddy. The web version of Office 365 works fine as do all other functions on my computer. Is anyone else having this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
sylee
Getting Started

I'm having similar problems. I can receive emails but I can't send them because it has problem connecting to the outport server. 

I have had many problems with outgoing messages since the day I got my first Android smartphone 3 years ago. The first 2 months of my business emails went to my outbox without me knowing! Imagine the potential loss of customers! They were getting no responses to their questions or interest in my classes. It was some sort of technical glitch, and Go Daddy fixed.

I have since had at least 4 cases where emails go to the outbox and I end up deleting them and calling in to reconfigure my email again!

I finally found out yesterday in a call to support (the staffers are always very helpful, but in this case, I had to remove my account entirely from my phone and although I was told it would repopulate, it hasn't so far) that the POP server is old, outdated and goes down a lot, but since this is the free account given to customers, you have no other options than to pay for the IMAP style of account (the one all other people are using). Articles online say Go Daddy is great for websites, but not very good for email.

Just about ready to pack it in and set up a new Gmail or Yahoo account for my business. This is ridiculous.

I get the same message of not being able to connect to their server now for 2 days.

If your account is a free one (email), it is a POP account! I think loyal customers should get a discount on an email that actually works.

There is an active issue that is affecting access to some user email accounts.  We're actively working to get this resolved as soon as possible.  You can monitor the status of the issue & see updates here: http://status.godaddy.com.  We apologize for any inconvenience, and want to thank you for your patience while this is being addressed.  

MPC

Hi,

Same problem since yesterday.

Getting following message from Outlook after pressing send/receive (For all my email addresses)

"Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for admin@chilikutiafrica.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for admin@chilikutiafrica.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP"

When checking Outlook account setup one gets following messages:

"Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP): The host 'mail.chilikutiafrica.com' cannot be found. Verify that the server name is typed correctly."

"Send test e-mail message: Cannot find the e-mail server. Verify the server information in your account properties."

What can I do to resolve this please?

Alan

Mine says "disconnected from server", but 1 of the 2 accounts works fine.

I removed account from outlook 2016 on my PC, but now when I try to set it up again, it keeps rejecting password - which i copied and pasted from godaddy. 

I am at a loss as what to do