cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Anyone else forced to give up workspace Email accounts?

I have been a loyal customer/partner of Godaddy's since 2004!  I ended up with many Email accounts (some paid, some free) because Godaddy was giving a free workspace email account with every domain.  I have Sheets of domains, costing me thousands per year.  So you can imagine I had a whole bunch of emails.  Recently, many of those emails are not working.  I was told this is due to Godaddy forcing customers to switch to Microsoft 365 accounts.  Well here is the issue. If it was only ONE email for my own business, I would gladly do it.  But when I have so many, this will end up costing me at least a couple thousand dollars more per year just for the email accounts.  
Has anyone else run into this issue?  I don't understand how a company can just force service on loyal customers like that and expect them to dish out so much more money per year just because they no longer want to support the old Email accounts.  It is absurd.

Disappointed,

Fred Wolf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@fwolf 

I am an end user like you and I've used these accounts myself over the years - often times for sites I was doing as a donation. As GoDaddy is removing this offering the alternative they are presenting is Office 365.

I will give you 2 other cost effective options

1) Get a cPanel or VPS server from GoDaddy and host the email yourself - the issue here is if you have an account get compromised it could affect all the sites.

2) a 3rd party service I personally use is MXRoute.com - this is just email hosting - and their packages are based on storage not the number of accounts 

There are a couple of other email hosting providers that are pop/imap providers with prices between $0.50 - $2.00/mailbox / month which for someone just using POP/IMAP is more cost effective / value than Office 365 or Google Suite.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@fwolf 

I am an end user like you and I've used these accounts myself over the years - often times for sites I was doing as a donation. As GoDaddy is removing this offering the alternative they are presenting is Office 365.

I will give you 2 other cost effective options

1) Get a cPanel or VPS server from GoDaddy and host the email yourself - the issue here is if you have an account get compromised it could affect all the sites.

2) a 3rd party service I personally use is MXRoute.com - this is just email hosting - and their packages are based on storage not the number of accounts 

There are a couple of other email hosting providers that are pop/imap providers with prices between $0.50 - $2.00/mailbox / month which for someone just using POP/IMAP is more cost effective / value than Office 365 or Google Suite.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post