cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

ALL free email packages ending?

So, i got an email saying that my free emails are being cancelled. Is this meaning that every single way to get free email accounts are being discontinued, or just some of the ways to get them. Like the free ones with hosting, free with domain, and so forth? what about the free credits for being a reseller? are these all being done away with also?

This may be the end of my 15 year relationship with godaddy. 5 bucks a month for each email.... 18 accounts that i have, meaning i would be paying 90 bucks a month for email. I'm not sure i can keep up with godaddy's inflation of operating a small business. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@SonicWebStudios 

This is something that has been discussed for a few weeks / months now - the short answer is yes.

Here are some alternatives 

1) If you have a cPanel account you can host the email there.

2) ZohoMail has a free package for up to 5 mailboxes  - webmail only or $1/mailbox/month for pop/imap

3) OpenSRS also has mail accounts at $0.50/mailbox per month

$5/month is on par with Office 365 / Google Suite - it's actually a little bit lower.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@SonicWebStudios 

This is something that has been discussed for a few weeks / months now - the short answer is yes.

Here are some alternatives 

1) If you have a cPanel account you can host the email there.

2) ZohoMail has a free package for up to 5 mailboxes  - webmail only or $1/mailbox/month for pop/imap

3) OpenSRS also has mail accounts at $0.50/mailbox per month

$5/month is on par with Office 365 / Google Suite - it's actually a little bit lower.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post