cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

Use Default Domain Profile When Receiving Domain Transfer

Why is it when I receive a domain pushed to my Godaddy account from someone else I always have to manually re-enter my details for WHOIS contacts to accept the transfer then I have to manually go in and set my nameservers and everything.

Why can't I just skip all of that and have my default domain profile applied?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: Use Default Domain Profile When Receiving Domain Transfer

@nbm There are two types of account transfers. Next time you push a domain or have a domain pushed to you use the Godaddy customer ID number and the email address when pushing it, this will automatically use your account info.

----

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@nbm 

As @justingodfrey  there are the 2 types of transfers. What I will tell you is that it is actually recommended to push with existing data as with some of the updated ICANN / WHOIS rules, if you change the information as part of the transfer, you have to verify all the changes (on both sides) before the transfer will complete

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
New

@justingodfrey

That is how I do it. How else would it be done????? Still asks for WHOIS info instead of using defaults.

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@nbm 

So I was just looking - think you can only apply the default WHOIS information when purchasing a new domain as even if you want to update WHOIS for existing domains there is no option to pull in a profile

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
Rockstar II
Rockstar II

@PL281 @nbm Godaddy may also do it intentionally for either whois verification reasons or legal reasons when accepting the domain into your account. It's a pain I know.

----