cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Expired Domain - What Have I Done?

Hi Everyone,

I won't lie, I'm an absolute newbie when it comes to websites so I kindly ask for your patience with me.
I recently purchased a domain name for a website I'm planning.
Because I wanted to snatch it up I didn't really give it time or though. Now I can't find my domain name on the account settings.

The receipt says "Expiry Domain Name Purchase " and ".COM Domain Name Transfer - 1 Year ".

I know this is silly, but what exactly does this mean and when I can I renew the domain?
I'd like to get started asap.

Also will Im incur any more bills for this domain?

Many thanks and I appreciate your patience.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Expired Domain - What Have I Done?

@Yobo01 

1) What is the domain

2) Did you have the domain and then it expired??

3) Did you transfer a domain from another registrar (Like network solutions or someone else)

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Re: Expired Domain - What Have I Done?

Hi there @Yobo01! Thanks for being a part of the GoDaddy Community!

Based on what you posted, it sounds like you won a domain in our expired domains auction. When you purchase domains through an expired auction, it can take up to 7 days for the domain to be moved into your account. You can read more about the process in our winning expiring domains auction guide. Additionally, if you have any other questions or need help in regard to this domain, you can email auctions@godaddy.com.

Hope this clears things up for you!

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.