cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain forwarding does not work

The domain forwarding I set up is not working. It's now been more than ten days. I’ve spoken with Go Daddy support and they say it is set up properly and works when they try it from their computer. However, it’s not working for me in Dallas, TX and I’ve called people in several locations around the country and it has not worked a single time. Each time it simply resolves to the search results page of the ISP and says the domain that was entered "does not exist". I'm not using masking. 

I am frustrated and disappointed in the lack of empathy I’m getting from Go Daddy. They need a way of logging into other (non-Go Daddy) computers in other locations around the country so they can see what I’m seeing, but they refuse to do it. In my unprofessional opinion, I believe there is a problem propagating the change beyond the Go Daddy DNS servers.  

I just don’t know what else to do.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Domain forwarding does not work

@senator wrote:

The domain forwarding I set up is not working. It's now been more than ten days. I’ve spoken with Go Daddy support and they say it is set up properly and works when they try it from their computer. However, it’s not working for me in Dallas, TX and I’ve called people in several locations around the country and it has not worked a single time. Each time it simply resolves to the search results page of the ISP and says the domain that was entered "does not exist". I'm not using masking. 

I am frustrated and disappointed in the lack of empathy I’m getting from Go Daddy. They need a way of logging into other (non-Go Daddy) computers in other locations around the country so they can see what I’m seeing, but they refuse to do it. In my unprofessional opinion, I believe there is a problem propagating the change beyond the Go Daddy DNS servers.  

I just don’t know what else to do.

@senator Its hard to give a solution without knowing the domain. If you're comfortable posting it here please do so I can further look into the issue.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
Solution

Thanks very much for your quick response. 

Consequently, it just began working last evening, 12 days after I set it up. I didn't change anything. The only thing I did was make repeated calls to Go Daddy and they repeatedly told me there was nothing more they could do. 

I wish I could tell other people what the issue was, but I can't. My suspicion is that when the forwarding was set up, it immediately updated the Go Daddy DNS. However, it took the full twelve days to update all other servers. I was able to confirm that it is now working in several other areas around the country.

In case it helps, my domain is www.hummingbirdheights.com and it now forwards to www.VRBO.com/1493.

I am going through the same problem now.  I'm trying to fix my client's website - it's been 6 days since the domain does not forward to my new website https://hormone-replacement-miami.com

the old domain https://www.medicalhealthinstitute.com doesn't forward for me, the company partners or for my social media coordinator in Venezuala.  Yet magically everytime godaddy tries it, it works for them.  

12 days is inexcusable.  I can't believe they let people go that long without a website.

I'm having the same issue with my domain, AnthonyjosephDeLuca.com, and the weird thing is that is worked at first and if I go to the webpage it forwards to, and then try to utilize the domain name, it works. I have a nasty feeling that GoDaddy is aware of the issue and is purposely disrupting the functionality of their product in hopes that I will buy a full web builder from them. However, if they can't get a simple thing like domain forwarding to work properly, I am tempted to take all of my business elsewhere.