cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Domain Verification in Firebase Hosting

I am unable to verify the domain in my firebase account for hosting, It gave me TXT record that i updated in my domain's DNS and waited for 24hours to update and checked, its failed. I have been trying this from a week now still unable to verify 

12 REPLIES 12
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Domain Verification in Firebase Hosting

Hi @VijayBrothers. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! One thing to check would be if the TXT record shows up when using a dig lookup tool. If you're not seeing it there, then there's probably an issue with either the way you set the record up or the domain's zone file. One common mistake is the host that is entered when you make the record. You want to enter a host that is just the first part of the domain. For example, if your TXT record needs to be at verify.domain.com, then you would only enter "verify" for the host. Otherwise, the record would end up being verify.domain.com.domain.com. If you can share the domain and the record you're trying to add, others in the community might be able to offer additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

type : TXT

host : vijaybrothers.shop
Record : google-site-verification=75yXWthy1IdFfxIxunyIVo76-OEKfNzKnGVfycx8G44
Help me with this on verifying 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@VijayBrothers - It doesn't look like you made the mistake I mentioned above, but I also don't see a record when I dig the domain. I'm not sure why the record would not be visible. I'd suggest connecting with our support team so they can take a look to make sure there are no issues on our end. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I am in the exact same situation.  I have been trying to set this up for a week. 

Did you manage to resolve the problem in the end?  If so, how did you do it.

Thanks

replace the value in 'host' with '@' 

it should work

Replacing 'host' with @ did not work for me ((

Solution

Fixed! Just add 'www' before host. It worked for me.

this is not working

so your host became 

host : www.vijaybrothers.shop

right?

Hi,

Can you please give details step by step of how to connect Firebase and godaddy domain.

I have added www in godaddy TXT records this morning , will try tomorrow if it works.

Is that all that is required? Anything on firebase, because adding www on firebase is of no use it removes it anyways.

This worked for my in just 5 minutes:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51024319/firebase-hosting-not-validating-txt-record-in-godaddy

put an @ in the host (no www)

New

this worked for me. 

@ for the name for the TXT file

and @

for a redirect from www.yourdomain.com to yourdomain.com in the

A file