cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
phguest
New

Cannot Remove / Downgrade from Full Domain Privacy and Protection on Renewal

I tried to remove my website's protection (Full Domain Privacy and Protection - Renewal) to reduce upfront renewal payment... but I cannot delete that option in my Shopping Cart.

I tried to downgrade the protection but it says "You already have the lowest level of security on your selected domains."

I am aware of the consequences of removing the privacy protection. I plan to renew it sometime soon, but for now the only important thing (budget-wise) is to renew the domain name.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello again,

Thank you so much for your reply. I actually called the GoDaddy support and apparently, you cannot remove the full privacy protection if the domain is already expired. This actually makes sense.

So what we did is I just paid for both the domain renewal and privacy protection. Then, GoDaddy will later issue a refund for the privacy protection. After completing the payment, I was now able to downgrade.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User II

@phguest 

You need to remove the privacy protection via the Domain Management Console - https://dcc.godaddy.com 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

phguest
New

Thank you for your reply. But like I said, it won't allow me too even on dcc. It says I'm already at the lowest level of security. See screenshot below:

Screenshot_20201202-010256_Chrome.jpg

I still can't remove the additional order. I hope someone from godaddy could help. Thank you

@phguest 

For GoDaddy to remove this you would have to reach out to them on the phone or chat.

I actually thought on the previous screen of the domain manager towards the bottom where it has information about locking the domain as well - there is the option to remove protection vs downgrading

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hello again,

Thank you so much for your reply. I actually called the GoDaddy support and apparently, you cannot remove the full privacy protection if the domain is already expired. This actually makes sense.

So what we did is I just paid for both the domain renewal and privacy protection. Then, GoDaddy will later issue a refund for the privacy protection. After completing the payment, I was now able to downgrade.

Thank you!

View solution in original post