cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

content hover box

information always needs to be as short as possible!

Working with just 'curiosity bits' of information to get people 'Wanna know more' is a good practice.

However, creating and linking to a new subsite for each tiny 'bit' is awkward practice.

Hence, I'm missing a feature to create kind of a hover box to show up when visitors want to and disappears instantly after again! Kind of a blend between 'on site information' vs. 'whole new site information'. This would let people basically stay on the same site, get more information only where they want to while not getting them confused by new sites and navigation. As such sites could stay as sleek as possible and still offer specific deeper information for those who seek it.

With current website builder I can only add more information to existing site OR create a new site. Any chance we'll be able to see this feature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hi @stinu. Thanks for posting your suggestion. I think what you're describing is commonly referred to as a tooltip. That seems like a reasonable idea to consider, so I will pass on your feedback to our product team. Thanks again! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hi @stinu. Thanks for posting your suggestion. I think what you're describing is commonly referred to as a tooltip. That seems like a reasonable idea to consider, so I will pass on your feedback to our product team. Thanks again! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Hi @JesseW ,

basically yes. When googling for 'tooltip' you stumble also over the term 'hoverbox', which seems to include more advanced formats (graphics, layouts). Wikipedia uses this for their so called 'page previews' (at least for desktop browsers). There, only when you click on the hoverbox you get then passed on to the dedicated website. Seems like a reasonable feature to choose whether or not to link to a further site upon clicking.

Care needs to be taken on proper implementation for making content accessible to impaired, SEO indexing and for mobile devices.

But would allow for tremendous savings in page complexity!