cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

categories

really getting frustrated with the categories section as doesn't allow you to add a category to multiples i.e jeans to both mens and women's.. does any one know how to get around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Product Team

Hello Justin8,

Thanks for reaching out. You could potentially use nested categories. We do support up to 150 categories, including up to 2-level below the parent category. You could also edit the category link, so each category would have its own unique link.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II

@Justin8 

Yeah -- I tried the same and got a permalink error.   Apparently a limitation of W+M.

So that indicates you have to have each sub be different in some way.  In this case you could go with Men's Jeans, Women's Jeans.  😉

If you don't want to repeat, you could use a descriptor -- Skinny Jeans, Dress Jeans, Work Jeans. 

HTH! 😉

Judith
"No pressure, no diamonds." Thomas Carlyle

I’ve tried it and tbh looks a little [removed] when you have to describe a jean as
Women’s skinny, women’s slim ..
I can’t understand a company of this size are so backwards on this.
You should be able to use the term jean, shirt, t-shirt, skinny, slim etc in more than one sub category.
[Text removed per Terms of Use.]
I’m no tech guy which is why I chose a company that specializes in this.. just annoying that due to silly issues like this makes website look amateurish..
Also no filter option

Regards
Justin (DULAY)

Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback @Justin8. I can definitely understand how not having access to a feature that's very important to you can be frustrating. I will pass your feedback on to our product team. They are constantly adding new features to the product, and new suggestions are always welcome. This may even be something that's already on their road map. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Product Team

Hello Justin8,

Thanks for reaching out. You could potentially use nested categories. We do support up to 150 categories, including up to 2-level below the parent category. You could also edit the category link, so each category would have its own unique link.

View solution in original post