cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Reseller Cart and Customization

The Cart and everything after has so little customisation options available, you have like colour paler, font palet (8 options) and then the logo, that's it... You create a beautiful storefront on WordPress, and when your customer goes to their cart and goes away from the storefront, they are greeted with something dated, and nothing like the storefront.  You guys should really allow for some customisation... I read the forums and spoke to customer support, I know there is currently no solution... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I agree that a consistent customer experience is a good thing @johanvdw and that is why I don't skin my Reseller. Even if your frontend is pristine you will still have the backend look and feel of the base as that is not customizable.

Welcome to the Reseller (not that I'm the official ambassador), I hope that you can use it as a tool to provide the best service to your customers. Please continue to let you opinion be known, I find that fresh-eyed Resellers bring something to the table. I'm old and crotchety so Resellers like me miss things that you'll catch. Using the Reseller as a addition to your business is a really good model.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Can you elaborate on what kind of customization you would like @johanvdw? I feel like the Reseller cart is standardized for a reason?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. I think that a good start would be to start with additional fonts, and palet colours, which are already there, just add on the variety that should be available.

What would really make it a more seamless experience, in my opinion, would also to allow a reseller to customise colours in designated areas, and not just go by what the standard should be for the area it was designed in. 

The option of being able to add padding, or resizing and positioning logos would go far.

The option of adding other graphics, like heroes, or images which is on the storefront would also make the experience more seamless.

If you want to reach out to me, and chat about it, feel free, and I can show you what I mean.

I feel like it is important for the development team to hear different views @johanvdw. As for myself, I prefer a clean receipt but that's coming from a Reseller that doesn't even skin the storefront. For me since the Reseller has customization limits I just leave it be. As you mentioned there are things that are not customizable so getting a full experience is difficult.

I know that there are some limiting customizations because of what the processor mandates be included in a receipt and the format. Beyond those requirements I'm sure there is a bit of room to have some customizing? I'm still printing my receipts, I don't use paper but PDF prints are common right? Maybe that's why I prefer a receipt? I am but on Reseller and just have my opinion (as do you) but as a mentioned multiple views are great.

Are you a part of any of the Reseller groups @johanvdw? This seems like a discussion we would have there?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

There is loads of room for improvement, as I'm sure the customer experience will be better if the transitions are semi-seamless, so let's hope the developers or decision-makers see this thread.

I just started off, so not part of any groups. I primarily want to use the reseller option to give some more diversity in one of my businesses, which will be great to push more traffic to my site, and possibly snatch up more sales on other products I offer.

The commissions will not hurt either.

I agree that a consistent customer experience is a good thing @johanvdw and that is why I don't skin my Reseller. Even if your frontend is pristine you will still have the backend look and feel of the base as that is not customizable.

Welcome to the Reseller (not that I'm the official ambassador), I hope that you can use it as a tool to provide the best service to your customers. Please continue to let you opinion be known, I find that fresh-eyed Resellers bring something to the table. I'm old and crotchety so Resellers like me miss things that you'll catch. Using the Reseller as a addition to your business is a really good model.

View solution in original post