cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove our business from Locu listing directory.

We have found that our company somehow became listed in the directory for GoDaddy's Locu service and that decade-old information is being pushed to various online listing sites like Tripadvisor and YP. I've spent hours trying to get GoDaddy support to remove us but it seems to be endless. We are not and have never been a GoDaddy customer so we are not sure how we were added to the Locu service. We want this information removed immediately but have not had any luck getting help with this.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User IV

@meltbarandgrill 

Can you post a link to this listing so we maybe able to point you in the right direction

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@meltbarandgrill 

I guess I'm confused - I was looking for where you are seeing the GoDaddy's Locu Service... and that you hadn't signed up for this....

If you are referring to the logo at the footer of the menus ....

1)  I don't believe this service was always part of GoDaddy

2) I believe some of this is automated by the yellow pages which scans websites / other services for your menu

I just did some searches and this was from last summer..... 

We had this same issue as we don't have an account with Locu. It was a hassle that took hours, but we did find a solution.

1) Call Locu directly at: 480-505-8877

2) They will ask for a pin, but just wait through all of their options. They will ask you to hit # if you cannot supply a pin or ID Number (I had to do this twice)

3) Choose "Get Technical Support" option

4) Choose "help with something else" (I think this was selection #6)

Once you get a representative on the phone, explain that you can an incorrect menu that was auto-published by Locu to your TripAdvisor account and you need it to be removed. There are two options to verify your business:

1) You can add information to your website's DNS

2) You can have them call the phone number associated with your business during business hours and confirm with someone at that location that they want the menu to be removed.

We opted for #2 and they called our restaurants and the managers confirmed that we wanted the menus deleted.

I just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago, but was assured that that would fix the issue, so hopefully our listings will update shortly.

======

You may also try Phone: 480.463.8803

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I had previously called yesterday but they told me that the owner had to be the one to call. Since we are a ten location chain and with everything going on right now, it's a bit of an unrealistic request. It's been rather frustrating as I've reached out to GoDaddy about five different times with no help.