cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Make photo gallery photos linkable!

One suggestion that I would like to offer to better enhance the Website Builder is to allow photos in a photo gallery section to be linkable (the entire photo; not just a caption with a hyperlink!) This will help businesses with affiliate marketing and have a clean look. I would rather the image be linkable, rather than "viewed" closer (as a file). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

It seems that you know precisely what you want @montessoribliss. In your post you covered a lot of what I would suggest when you mentioned the caption and the hyperlink. My view is that I always want my website visitor to know they are clicking on a link so I tend to go for the Click Here to visit our store over the blind linking to the target when a picture was clicked. I suspect that clicking a picture would not tell the visitor that they are choosing to go to a URL? Of course your picture might graphically say "click to visit our store" but the default thought would probably skew towards the picture view in detail, next picture, open/close or something like that and not a link?

Though the current behavior is as I would expect it to be I have not tried all of the gallery layout views. Some of the layouts may include a provision to hyperlink a gallery image? Additionally it is simple enough to use a HTML section and code the specifics yourself? Check out Help - Websites + Marketing - Add HTML or custom code to my site. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

It seems that you know precisely what you want @montessoribliss. In your post you covered a lot of what I would suggest when you mentioned the caption and the hyperlink. My view is that I always want my website visitor to know they are clicking on a link so I tend to go for the Click Here to visit our store over the blind linking to the target when a picture was clicked. I suspect that clicking a picture would not tell the visitor that they are choosing to go to a URL? Of course your picture might graphically say "click to visit our store" but the default thought would probably skew towards the picture view in detail, next picture, open/close or something like that and not a link?

Though the current behavior is as I would expect it to be I have not tried all of the gallery layout views. Some of the layouts may include a provision to hyperlink a gallery image? Additionally it is simple enough to use a HTML section and code the specifics yourself? Check out Help - Websites + Marketing - Add HTML or custom code to my site. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post