cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Date and time delivery box in the checkout store

Hello Community, 

I created my store in the website and I have been receiving orders online but unfortunately the customer is not able to put the date and time for the delivery. So I have to reach them out trough email in order to get those details. 

Is it possible to add this feature in the checkout when they can add the date and time on the delivery option either for pick up and delivery option? Otherwise, I would be really hard to keep the store for me if the customer is not able to pick the date and time of delivery/pick up because I would have to email every single customer for their order details.

If someone could help me that would be really appreciate. 

Thanks

Francisco 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback @franciscoMG. That is a great idea! I will pass it on to our product team. They may already have something in mind to address this type of situation. Thanks again!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your challenges here. We understand these concerns and   We are looking into support scheduling of local delivery/pickup, but don't have a definitive timeline to share due to the complexity of this feature.  Meanwhile, can I share a workaround for your customers to include their preferred timing for delivery or pickup.  

1. Navigate to Settings > General > Checkout

2. On this page, enable 'Allow customers to include special instructions with their order' and save the configuration

Your customers can specify their preferred date/time for delivery or pickup.  The detail will show up on the order detail screen.   

We'll work on customization of the input box instructions and to mark it as required.  Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, W+M Online store 

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback @franciscoMG. That is a great idea! I will pass it on to our product team. They may already have something in mind to address this type of situation. Thanks again!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thank you very much for your response!

That would be a great and simple solution. mid while, business owners are
paying to other providers to provide that service. I rather just use Go
Daddy's tools.

Thank you again,

*Francisco Galvez*
CEO PampaBBQ
www.pampabbq.com

We have this same problems here, we've been contact GoDaddy, but still nothing happened. Can GoDaddy have Add-on Option (the same when we list product) at checkout, so we can Mandatory for the buyer to put date & time in the box.

Or at Setting ->general -> checkout, add a option "require put date & time " just like "Require shipping address phone numbers".

Please please solve this problem. It will save us a lot of time calling customers.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your challenges here. We understand these concerns and   We are looking into support scheduling of local delivery/pickup, but don't have a definitive timeline to share due to the complexity of this feature.  Meanwhile, can I share a workaround for your customers to include their preferred timing for delivery or pickup.  

1. Navigate to Settings > General > Checkout

2. On this page, enable 'Allow customers to include special instructions with their order' and save the configuration

Your customers can specify their preferred date/time for delivery or pickup.  The detail will show up on the order detail screen.   

We'll work on customization of the input box instructions and to mark it as required.  Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Mohan Kumaresh

Product Manager, W+M Online store 

Thanks,

I agree. I wish there were an option to do so. I run an online dessert site so if time and date were implemented into the options it would save me so much time. Because this option is unavailable, I still take orders manually to avoid doing extra work of going through the website orders and still having to follow up and collect additional information anyway. Implementing a date and time option would be so beneficial.