According to emails we got, the migration was supposed to be seamless. It was anything but! I had to reset all file permissions on anything that had to be written to. Email ports stopped working so any web pages that sent out emails, STOPPED emailing. My web store, STOPPED. Got it going after setting file permissions. Then I find out I’m missing out in customers questions and orders cuz the web page can no longer send emails. Spent a lot of time fixing that one. Then I find out the news letter for my web store STOPPED as well. More permission issues and email issues. I called tech support and spoke with some fruitcake for a bought a ½ hour. The only thing I found out was I new way more a bought web hosting and ASP and ASP net then he did. A second call to tech support got me a few clues as where to start. Then the 3rd. call I spoke to someone who had been there a few years. While it was not his dept. he gave me the rest of the clues I needed to start to fix this bloody mess. All my web pages, news letters and so on worked fine befor the migration, should have worked after the migration. Godaddy, you did not just drop the ball on this one, you dropped it right down the sewer and I think it got washed out to see. I have been a Godaddy customer for years and I’m mad as *(&*&&^%^%*&)(%$#.
Hi @SleeTheSloth. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I can definitely understand how this would be a frustrating situation for you. We appreciate that you've been a long time customer and I'm very sorry to hear that this was your experience.
I can't be certain what happened in your case, but I can tell you that our QA process for these migrations does a Byte-to-Byte comparison to ensure all data is transferred. HTTP checks and screenshot comparisons are done on all domains to ensure the page is loading the same on the source account and the destination account. However, inner workings of sites (especially things behind admin settings or custom email scripts), cannot be directly tested as we do not have access to those items. Additionally, server-side scripts that were written in language versions that may now be out of date may not work on the destination platform.
In regard to the experience you had with our customer care team, we have guidelines laid out here as to what our agents will and will not support. One of the things on the "not supported" list is: Any client, script, application or content installed by Customer. This essentially means that while agents will put forth their best effort to help when there are issues with your website content, we can't ultimately guarantee that they'll be able to help clear them up.
If there are further technical issue that the community can try to help out with, I'd encourage you to post that subject as it's own thread. Someone may be able to provide suggestions on how you can move forward.