Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Getting Started

please help to stay alive my hosting account

got this letter today

and emedeatly i deleted 340 folders with unusefull files via ftp
please tell how many more folders i shoul delete to stay account live?
i need it very much i thought it is unlimited
and it is a pitty i dont see how much files in account and how much traffic ganarating
all websites i switch to cloudflare
and thought that the load is not very hard becouse they cashed in cloud
excusing ones more please stay alive my account

Bandwidth
0GB / ∞
Disk Space
0GB / ∞

Customer #: 58164100

Billing
Deluxe

Applications
None
Databases
0 /25

Email
No Accounts

Your <strong>amsterdam.nether</strong> website hosting account is storing files in a manner for which it is not intended or compatible.

Please note that this will have disabled any websites on this hosting space, as well as access to some areas of your Hosting Control Panel. However, access to your website files has remained available to you through FTP.

While we ask that you fully review your current and intended usage, the following is of primary concern at this time:

<em><b>
There are multiple *.php files in your hosting account in different folders in the entire account. 

All *.php files from the hosting account.
</b></em>

We understand that this situation was most likely not intentional. However, whether or not the content is linked or otherwise in use, storing large individual files and/or large collections of files on your website hosting space causes and contributes to various issues which negatively impact our service and, in turn, its performance and availability to other customers.

While <i>file hosting services</i> and <i>server plans</i> are designed to host large individual files and/or large collections of files, your <i>website hosting plan</i> is designed and optimized to serve website pages as quickly and efficiently as possible.

<i>It is therefore necessary for you to not just reduce, but fully remove/move all content being used in this way to a compatible platform, in a timely manner</i>.

If you require online access to large files or collections of files, you may wish to consider one of the various online file storage services that are available for this purpose. As we are unable to provide any specific recommendations in regards to third-party products and services, we would respectfully suggest further research through your favorite Internet search engine, using terms such as <em>online file storage</em> or <em>online cloud storage</em>, etc., if necessary.

Alternatively, one of our Server plans may fulfill these needs. Please see our website for more information, and let us know if we can be of any additional assistance to you in that regard.

<strong>*** IMPORTANT ***</strong>

Due to the serious nature of this situation, your hosting account may be suspended and/or content in violation removed by our hosting administrators if you do not correct this issue by <strong>09/29/2020 (MST, GMT -7)</strong>. 

However, we must ask that you please review and resolve this matter as quickly as possible. Should any associated negative impact persist or escalate in severity, it may become necessary to suspend your service and/or remove content in violation prior to the review date listed above, without further advance notification.

Please be aware that if your hosting account is suspended, any websites you host on this plan will be disabled. Additionally, should it become necessary for content to be removed on your behalf due to non-compliance and/or non-response in this matter, that content cannot be restored to your hosting space.

<strong>****************</strong>

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. If you have any questions or require any assistance, please review the support documents and contact information that is available through the <strong>Help</strong> link, once you have logged in to your <strong>MyAccount</strong> interface. Additionally, you may call us at 480-366-3501.

please help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Super User IV

@nml79 

I am an end user like you so I can't answer specifically about your account. 

That said - it isn't just about the number of files / folders - I had a client that I work with that was storing about 100GB of podcast - GoDaddy flagged this and we moved the archive to Amazon S3

Hope that helps

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Getting Started
5 REPLIES 5
Super User IV

@nml79 

I am an end user like you so I can't answer specifically about your account. 

That said - it isn't just about the number of files / folders - I had a client that I work with that was storing about 100GB of podcast - GoDaddy flagged this and we moved the archive to Amazon S3

Hope that helps

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

Getting Started

if you think this is not only becouse of number of files maybe it is becouse i made some website about canabis affiliate program? maybe i shoul delete all this websites? trying to connect to support but it is bussy [removed] - Thank you for messaging GoDaddy. We are experiencing higher than normal volume. Hang in there, your estimated wait time is 31 minutes

Getting Started
Getting Started

godaddy deleted all php files from account and they were less then 250.000

why?

@nml79 

As I am an end user I can say why they removed them other than if they found they were being used in a way that violated the T&C - you will need to speak with support to get more details - I suggest phone support vs chat