Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
clivejacobs
Getting Started

Why am I getting a FORBIDDEN 403 error? after launching my website?

Why am I getting a FORBIDDEN 403 error? after lauching website

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@clivejacobs 

This is a permissions issue - as I mentioned when I helped you with your MX records 

It looks like your domain has bounced around between a few difference IP addresses over the last week - from Xnello to google to GoDaddy - 

The issue is you need the correct IP address for where your website (and email) are actually hosted - and then once you have the correct IP you need to make sure the permissions are set correctly on your website files

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.34.34 AM.png

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User IV

@clivejacobs 

This is a permissions issue - as I mentioned when I helped you with your MX records 

It looks like your domain has bounced around between a few difference IP addresses over the last week - from Xnello to google to GoDaddy - 

The issue is you need the correct IP address for where your website (and email) are actually hosted - and then once you have the correct IP you need to make sure the permissions are set correctly on your website files

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 8.34.34 AM.png

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post