Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website showing maintenance page instead of site data..?

When I type my domain name in tab, it results in showing maintenance page instead of the site data. This result is same even when I login to wordpress account and try to open "visit site" link.

That maintenance page asks to login for an admin and when I login from there via hosting account details it again redirects to my godaddy hosting settings.

How can I get rid of that page and see my website live..??

9 REPLIES 9
Muse
Super User I

Doublechecking... Did you change your DNS nameservers to pull your new site? Sorta sounds like the domain is not pointing at the right servers.

Judith
"Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

Hi Muse,

I'm having same issue and I have updated the nameservers where I've registered the domain. When I ping my domain name, it shows that its pointed to right IP and yet I see the maintennace page when I try to open my website.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

Muse
Super User I

@Sam13

Hmmmm.... If your DNS is correct and in your WordPress dashboard: Settings > General the WordPress Address and Site Address are your domain -- then it may be a theme or plugin conflict.

Did you delete the .maintenance file as @ddarty suggested?  If you did and that still did not resolve the issue you'll have to go through the conflict trouble-shooting process to eliminate that as a possibility.  I have a step-by-step article on my site.

HTH! 😉

Judith

ddarty
New

You probably had an error while updating a plugin.  Happens.  Log in via FTP and check your HTML folder for a file named, ".maintenance".  Simply delete the file to remove the message.

how does one access their blog via "FTP" I have no idea what that even is. I'm having the same issue and no idea how to resolve. Any help would be so very appreciated! 

Afreen
New

When I type my domain name in tab, it results in showing maintenance page instead of the site data. This result is same even when I login to wordpress account and try to open "visit site" link.

That maintenance page asks to login for an admin and when I login from there via hosting account details it again redirects to my godaddy hosting settings.

How can I get rid of that page and see my website live..??

Same this issue happening with me. Kindly provide resolution..

@Afreen

What you are experiencing can be due to several factors.   Did you already try the suggestions within this post?  In particular:

"You probably had an error while updating a plugin.  Happens.  Log in via FTP and check your HTML folder for a file named, ".maintenance".  Simply delete the file to remove the message."

HTH! 😉

Judith

@Muse

First of all thank you so much for your interest !

This issue has been resolved now ! and my web page is working on its way as it should be ! But thank you so much for your interest and concern about my problem.

how did you resolve this? Mine is stuck in the same situation and i have no idea what these people are referring to as FTP?? I'm 100% new at this but freaking out that my blog has been down for so long!