cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Web site not showing - Error 404

Hi, I went to check on my website it it shows:

File not found (404 error)

Could any help with this please, I'm new to all this, many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Yingus121   

Sorry for the delay in response -- holiday weekend on this side of the pond. 😉

Your domain does have GoDaddy DNS and indicates your hosting should be with GoDaddy.    Did you build your site using the web builder trial?  If so, that's why the site is off-line.  The domain is no longer active on any platform.

If you didn't build it on that trial, and it is on another GoDaddy hosting product, you would need to contact GD to find out why the domain, using GD nameservers, is not displaying your website. 

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Be a voice. Not an echo." ~ Anon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II

@Yingus121 

Can you share your domain name? 

For a site to 404 could be due to a bunch of things.  Check your hosting account payment status to make sure your account is up to date and hasn't been taken off-line due to non-payment.

If that's not the cause, can you tell us more about your site?  What platform is it on?  Did you make any recent changes or updates?

The more info we have the better to be able to possibly help! 😉

Judith

Hi @Muse, I have had no emails or reminders and if i look in my account the only thing that has expired is the web builder trial a while ago. The web site is https://eco-ewaste.co.uk/

@Yingus121   

Sorry for the delay in response -- holiday weekend on this side of the pond. 😉

Your domain does have GoDaddy DNS and indicates your hosting should be with GoDaddy.    Did you build your site using the web builder trial?  If so, that's why the site is off-line.  The domain is no longer active on any platform.

If you didn't build it on that trial, and it is on another GoDaddy hosting product, you would need to contact GD to find out why the domain, using GD nameservers, is not displaying your website. 

HTH! 😉

Judith

View solution in original post

Yes i built it with the trial on GoDaddy site. I did not think i had to carry on with it as, well, it's a site builder trial and i already built my site so would not be needing it again. Sorry but i am new to this so not 100% sure what i am doing...