cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
7ony
Getting Started

Transferring CMS Website created using Smarty

Before I contact support, I wanted to know if anyone can help me with a hosting question.

I am trying to transfer a website from an existing host provider to GoDaddy. This website, from what I can tell, was created using Smarty as there are some templates folders. It is a CMS driven website and I have downloaded the database and files from the exiting FTP server, but I am unsure in where to put them. The database I'm OK with and happy to change the configuration file to point to the new database, but the original file structure I'm stuck on.

The original file structure had a route directory and a 'www' folder. I transferred the files from the 'www' folder to the 'puplic_html' folder and move the other folders (application, system) to root of my hosting account but it doesn't seem to work.

I tried the Smarty import tool, but I get an error stating that it can't create the framework folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7ony
Getting Started

Just wanted to add that I resolved this issue. Turned out that the base code of the site was written 

with Code Igniter (version 2.1.4) with a lot of eliminants that are not supported in PHP 7.3, hence the 

errors. Reverting to PHP 7.1 fixed it. My old host said that they where running 7.3, which seems not 

to have been accurate.

Now to work out why the contact form is not sending mail...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PL281
Super User IV

@7ony 

I had to google to search for what Smarty is - the cPanel server has a built in alias for www -> public_html so that should be working fine - it sounds like you might have a permissions issue on the files

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

7ony
Getting Started

I am trying to post a reply in this community hub and I'm getting nothing but errors! I hope this is the shape of things to come GoDaddy!

PL281
Super User IV

@7ony 

I got your reply - The Hub is GoDaddy's new User Layout - they are still working on some tweaks - were you able to get your site  to display?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

7ony
Getting Started

I've been trying to post a reply all week and keep getting this:

Untitled.png

PL281
Super User IV

@7ony 

For some reason your computer is doing submit more than once - You can try from a different device - You can also click the link in my signature and fill out a contact form on my website - I will reply and also post it back here for others to benefit as well

7ony
Getting Started

Untitled.png

7ony
Getting Started

Just wanted to add that I resolved this issue. Turned out that the base code of the site was written 

with Code Igniter (version 2.1.4) with a lot of eliminants that are not supported in PHP 7.3, hence the 

errors. Reverting to PHP 7.1 fixed it. My old host said that they where running 7.3, which seems not 

to have been accurate.

Now to work out why the contact form is not sending mail...

View solution in original post

7ony
Getting Started

This community website is so broken...

RachelM
Community Manager

Hi @7ony! We have been having some issues with our community loading recently but think we have fixed them. If you're still experiencing issues, would you please let me know. Make sure to tag me in your post so I get your message. Thanks much!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.