cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GoDaddy Hosting

For sometime now have an issue with open my web site. Get browser waning, stating waiting for response to request or request timed out........ Wondering has GoDaddy upgraded or change the PHP or anything else. I have tried on different browsers, different ISP. Different PCs etc. Just at different times no response from GoDaddy server... Recently had odd things happening with PHP... Have talked to tech support numerous times..  No help. Anyone else have this problem...?

6 REPLIES 6
Super User IV

@bnfunny1 

I have not seen this, however GoDaddy has many different hosting offerings (Windows / Linux, Shared / WordPress / VPS) without context as to which platform you are on it's hard to say specifically what maybe the issue

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi ! And thank you for your reply... I am on a shared hosting. I'm guessing Linux shared, but don't really know.. Had my web site for over 20 years.... Self taught and built using Microsoft Front Page 2003 or just Notepad to change any html scripting...  It seems that over time GoDaddy may have put to many on their server.. as from time to time their server does not respond at all  or slow in responding... I'm only guessing.... My site is a simple HS Yearbook site.. Clicking on the little yearbooks brings up the YB page.. Then JS to advance the page of YB... Not rocket science... LOL Here is the Website if you care to check it out... http://nfayearbooks.com/ I'm open for suggestions. Calling GoDaddy usually means over 1/2 hour or more wait to talk to someone at home. No one has been able to offer any help but sell me something I don't need.. When the server is not busy page will snap up and work OK...... I'm just above Daytona Beach....  Thank you.... Bill

@bnfunny1 

As you said it maybe other sites on the account causing an issue - You are on cPanel (Linux) I would look at your stats just to see if you have any spikes in traffic - overall a HTML / JavaScript site like this should load pretty quickly - the only other thing is your live stats could slow it down slightly if their system is running slow - but it should be un-responsive.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I have the same issue; it seems to resurface every few days and last for 3 to 6 hours. It is not my websites, it is a server issue. Calling support never does anything about this. They simply ask me basic questions and 2 hours later it mysteriously starts working. Very frustrating.

I have tried everything.. Changed browsers, changed 3 diff ISP, change PCs, cleared cache, while it's  doing it, and like you said wait a while and the problem disappears.. If you google this problem we are not alone... I'm looking for a Hosting server now that responds, not overloaded, and USA support... Let me know if you figure it out...   😎 👍 Bill

@bnfunny1 

I would agree / and sorry if I wasn't clear with my original response - as @peoriachuck  said - I do feel this is a server side issue and not something on your end - but what specifically it could be it's hard to say