cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Instagram Blocking My Domain

Instagram is blocking me from sharing my website link in instagram bio, comments, messages, captions. Whenever I try to post it I get a popup from instagram saying "Try Again Later we restrict certain activity to protect our community" I sell sustainable socks, there's nothing bad on my website. I've read all the articles about why. I unlinked my domain from the website and instagram let me post the website with a different domain attached, so it has nothing to do with the content on the website. 

Things I've tried to fix the domain:

1. Checked McAfee's Advisory listing, says domain is minimal risk

2. Facebook debugger won't even let me type the link there. 

2. Stopped using Wix's namesevers where instagram initially blocked it, put it back with go daddy, still blocked. So now I believe the problem and solution lies with GoDaddy. 

Contacting instagram doesn't work, they don't answer any of my requests. Can someone please give me some suggestions or settings I should check or change in godaddy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Manager

Hey @Morgan2. I was able to copy and paste your domain into the Facebook debugger, and this is what I saw:

JesseW_0-1600386135462.png

A little blurry but it says "We can't review this website because the content doesn't meet our Community Standards. If you think this is a mistake, please let us know." You can try clicking on the let us know link to request Facebook take another look at this. 

Looking at the website on web.archive.org, it seems to have had a long history. My guess is that the domain was blocked based on the way a previous registrant used it. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@Morgan2 

Never heard of this happening - what is your domain name?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281 Hi yes it's weird, my domain is www.shopsunshine.com

Community Manager

Hey @Morgan2. I was able to copy and paste your domain into the Facebook debugger, and this is what I saw:

JesseW_0-1600386135462.png

A little blurry but it says "We can't review this website because the content doesn't meet our Community Standards. If you think this is a mistake, please let us know." You can try clicking on the let us know link to request Facebook take another look at this. 

Looking at the website on web.archive.org, it seems to have had a long history. My guess is that the domain was blocked based on the way a previous registrant used it. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post